Saturday, January 22, 2011

Rocky's favorite songs pt. 6; Radio

Rocky's obsession with the song can be directly attributed to my mom and my younger brothers and sisters. My mom and my three youngest siblings came to visit us for a week in the summer. They drove back to Utah five or six days before us, and they took Rocky with them so that she could have some good hang-out time with all our family in Utah. Apparently the had the Now! music compilation number 31-ish repeating this song for the entire 15 hours that it took them to drive home. Now when we walk into the grocery store and this song is playing (which is just about every time), Rocky shouts "Radio" and starts doing her bum-dance.



I'll admit that this song is catchy, but it's definitely one of those songs that loses considerable appeal if you actually listen to the lyrics. Also, I liked it much less after having seen the video. I feel like it's my obligation to show you a video with the "animation-through-constantly-repainting-over-and-over-thing" done right.

3 comments:

becky rigby said...

Hey! I liked the music video. I can't believe he is SO old! Also, my favorite part is when he dances to "the way you move ain't fair you know" Haha old people trying to be fly....

Aynna banahna said...

They do listen to that song all the time. Jonah likes it to and does a little bum dance. I'm with you on the catchiness of it, but not a very good song in other ways.

Unknown said...

It sounds like it could be a little bit of ukelele jealousy.